Saturday, August 09, 2008

in homage

I Belong There

I belong there. I have many memories. 
I was born as everyone is born.
I have a mother, a house with many windows, brothers, friends, 
and a prison cell with a chilly window! 
I have a wave snatched by seagulls, a panorama of my own.
I have a saturated meadow. In the deep horizon of my word,
I have a moon, a bird's sustenance, and an immortal olive tree.
I have lived on the land long before swords turned man
into prey.
I belong there. When heaven mourns for her mother,
I return heaven to her mother.
And I cry so that a returning cloud might carry my tears.
To break the rules, I have learned all the words needed
for a trial by blood.
I have learned and dismantled all the words in order to draw
from them a single word:
Home.

- Mahmoud Darwish –
13 March 1941 - 9 August 2008


Mahmoud Darwish
the poet of Palestinian people

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger CherryPie said...

It is beautiful :-) xx

8/11/2008 10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maravilhoso grito de Liberdade !!

Já vi que hoje é um mau dia ...
Beijos grandes, Miúda

8/12/2008 11:29 PM  
Blogger luisa brehm said...

yes, it is !!!
Home is Palestine .... Free at last !!!

big kissesssssssss to you both

8/14/2008 4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home