Saturday, December 20, 2008

Acquainted With the Night

I have been one acquainted with the night.
I have walked out in rain and back in rain.
I have outwalked the furthest city light.

I have looked down the saddest city lane.
I have passed by the watchman on his beat
And dropped my eyes, unwilling to explain.

I have stood still and stopped the sound of feet
When far away an interrupted cry
Came over houses from another street,
But not to call me back or say good-bye;
And further still at an unearthly height
One luminary clock against the sky
Proclaimed the time was neither wrong nor right.

I have been one acquainted with the night.

- Robert Frost -

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah essa melancolia, Lu !!
Espero que não estejas aí porque vou já tratar disso ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Beijos grandes e até mais logo

12/20/2008 10:55 PM  
Blogger CherryPie said...

Yes Luisa I have been there many times xxx

12/21/2008 12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home