Thursday, March 24, 2011

Minha Voninha

minha Voninha
© joão & luisa brehm

our aunt Ivone, Mom’s younger sister
1927 - 1995

today is your birthday, querida Voninha !!!
since a long ago i was thinking about this and i decided to do it now.

amazing writer and illustrator for kids, painter and teacher, political activist, dreamer and romantic, you were a Great woman with stunning eyes !!!

João was for you the son you never had, i was the daughter and,
oh yes, you were nuts about cats just like me ....
you always said my laughs hided my fragility, even when i was caring of you those painful days, i liked to sing and tell my stories to make you smile, remember ???
somehow, i guess my fascination in writing stories and illustrate them comes from you, may be may be not ….

Amoooooooo-te muito, minha querida Voninha !!!
Loveeeeeeeeeee you very much !!!!


photo by Victor Palla, our uncle

photo & illo already posted here on March 24, 2009

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger CherryPie said...

A lovely tribute :-)

Sending you *hugs & kisses* from me.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

3/28/2011 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home