Monday, November 14, 2011

Even if

Even if you destroy
The configuration of the whole world,
Even if you deconstruct
This earth as a shred of cotton,
Whenever the borders are redrawn,
I will come back to this town again,
I will make my homeland
Only in Kurdistan.

- Latif Halmat -

On the mountains, in the plains and valleys
I cried:
O my hungry homeland
I love you and I love you
here I am ploughing this land
with my eyelashes
turning it into farms and orchards
which grow red flowers and beautiful poems
for the children of the coming world
a world of freedom, love and peace.

from Latif poem Nazim Hikmet Talks With Humanity

born in 1947 in Kurdistan, Latif Halmat is one of the most outstanding modern Kurdish poets of my generation.

Poets & Poetry » Kurdish Aspect

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home