Sunday, February 03, 2013

Adonis, the greatest Arab poet



























image source » Wikipedia


I release the earth and I imprison the skies.
I fall down in order to stay faithful to the light, in order to make the world ambiguous, fascinating, changeable, dangerous,
in order to announce the steps beyond.

The blood of the gods is still fresh on my clothes.
A seagull's scream echoes through my pages.
Let me just pack up my words and leave.

- Adonis -

excerpt from The Edge of the World

Adonis, considered the greatest living Arab poet, 
born January 1, 1930 in Syria, lives in France.

Adonis - Poets.org

Adonis : The Poetry Foundation

My Syria, by 'greatest living' Arab poet
© CNN » published February 9, 2012
with slideshow

Adonis: a life in writing
© The Guardian

Syrian poet Adonis introduces his artworks - gallery
© The Guardian


A Visit With the Arabic Poet Adonis
© The New York Times » published Oct. 17, 2010

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home