Sunday, April 12, 2015

Bitter fruit falling upon the earth by Khalilullah Khalili

I am the bitter fruit falling upon the earth. 
Thus in the clutches of time I remain. 
O spring of liberty! Your grace, what else it could be 
But to render this bitter fruit sweet? 
The greatest wealth of this world is the company of friends, 
The agony of death: 
Separation from them, 
But since they are all together, the friends, 
Resting deep in the heart of the dust, 
What difference does it make 
Whether alive or dead. 
Out of pain and sorrow destiny has molded me. 
What, Alas, has been my joy from the cup of life? 
Like a candle burning in the blowing wind, 
I tremble, I burn .... I die. 

- Ustad Khalilullah Khalili - 

1907 – 1987 

Khalilullah Khalili, the greatest Afghan Poet of the 20th century, 
became known as the poet of the Afghan Resistance. 

Khalilullah Khalili- the last of the classical Persian poets 
© Wadsam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home